Remeron is used for treating depression. Remeron is a tetracyclic antidepressant. It is thought to increase the activity of certain chemicals in the brain (norepinephrine, serotonin), which help elevate mood.
Use Remeron as directed by your doctor.
- Take Remeron by mouth with or without food.
- Take Remeron in the evening before bedtime unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Improvement should be noticed within 1 to 4 weeks of taking Remeron.
- Continue to take Remeron even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Remeron, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Remeron.
Store Remeron at room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Remeron out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Mirtazapine.